Aftercare is important for the best results. The longevity of your teeth whitening results can be affected by how well you follow the aftercare instructions and how you care for your teeth on daily basis.
After your teeth whitening session, you should avoid all foods and drinks except water for two hours.
Follow the "White Diet" for at least 24 hours after your teeth whitening session.
No smoking, vaping, or chewing tobacco for at least two hours after your teeth whitening session.
If you experience sensitivity, brush with Sensodyne toothpaste and take an over-the-counter pain reliever.
The "White Diet"
Your teeth will be especially vulnerable to staining the first two days after your teeth whitening session. This is why we ask you to follow the white diet for 24-48 hours after your session. Failure to follow the white diet may cause your teeth to darken within the first week.
THE GOOD STUFF
What you can eat/drink while on the White Diet. Foods that are light in color are generally fine.
- white Fish
- White Rice
- White pasta
- White Sauces
- Sparkling water
- White Wine
- Blanco Tequila
THE BAD STUFF
What you should AVOID while on the White Diet. If it can stain a white cotton T-shirt, it can stain your teeth.
- Red Meat
- Red Sauces
- Green Beans
- Sweets (especially chocolate)
- Fruit Juices
- Red Wine
- Dark Liquor
- Dark Mixed Drinks
- Dark Beer
- RINSE YOUR MOUTH OUT: Rinsing your mouth with water for about 30 seconds after you are done eating or drinking can help prevent staining and tooth decay.
- USE A STRAW: Using a straw will bring the drink past your teeth, reducing the risk of stains.
- AVOID EXTREMELY HOT OR COLD LIQUIDS: It is best to avoid extremely hot or cold drinks after your teeth whitening session. The extreme temperatures of the liquids may cause discomfort or sensitivity.
- AVOID ACIDIC FOODS AND DRINKS: Acidic foods and drinks open up the pores of the tooth enamel and make it easier for stains to penetrate the tooth. Drink acidic beverages through a straw and rinse your mouth out afterwards.
- CUT BACK ON DRINKING AND SMOKING: Heavy smoking and frequent alcohol consumption will cause your teeth whitening results to fade rapidly.